Girl Meets... London


We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost.” 
Ray Bradbury

The calendar had announced the arrival of Autumn, but the Sun was still to get the memo, distracting itself with the leaves swirling around the trees' branchesInside the house, I was sitting on my coach, booking a flight to London for that very same week. The excitment of going back to one of my favourite cities danced through my veins, allowing two imaginary hands to cover my ears and ignore the pleas of my anxiety to not do anything rushed.



This story starts with a ticket bought on a rush. This is a story of mixed-up names. Of meals next to a ping-pong table. Of eating croissants in the middle of the night. Of puddles and dirty socks. Of walks around town. This is a story about colourful bracelets. About climbings and conversations with the mailmen. About peanut butter M&Ms. This is a story with a lot of Skype calls. Some without sound, some on a kitchen filled with people. In this story there are giant pancakes. Conversations about the weather on different countries and guesses of nationalities. The character of this story drinks a lot of tea. Eats dinner on the subway. She meets other characters. Some in the airport, where she ends up trading numbers. Some in the city, where they find new places. Together, they watch long movies. They talk about nonsense things when the sun is rising. They play cards. They walk through the rain. They teach other people different languages. This is a story with beautiful scenarios. With visits to museums where she ended up sharing M&Ms with a little girl. With walks through parks and bridges.

Describing this story is like trying to come up with new words when there is already a long dictionary. So I am doing something different. I am allowing the moments I experienced to describe it to you. The friendships and adventures I went through to paint the scenario of this trip. The moments I tried to capture and the ones I was too mesmerized to even pick up a camera. The laugher and the words that came out of my mouth when we were writing down stories and memories. The soundtrack that London invented. And that I could listen to. Forever more.


(And I really hope you like it)



Love, love, love. x

12 comments

  1. Great post as always, Cat! And really awesome vlog! ;) (though now i miss London hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Miscellaneous MusingsWednesday, January 28, 2015

    Ah you write really nicely :) I'm a Londoner and pleased you like the city! Cool that you have integrated your blogging and vlogging too


    Beth x


    themiscmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank youuuuuuuuuuu! :) Hahaha, I am sorry I made you miss London! I miss it too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaw, thank youuu! It means a lot to me to know I've described a city well enough for a local to think I did a good job! :) Thank youuuuuu. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog and especially your way of writing. This first picture is beautiful! x

    http://heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so in love with your writing style - I want to read more!! And you've really made me want to go on an adventure.

    The video is so lovely too, I'm glad you had such a good time :)

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aawww, you are really nice and you are making me tear up, thank you, thank you, thank you! Coming from you, a blogger I adore, it means a lot!! Thank youuuuuuuu.
    Haha, I was editing this video and missing London already! I can't wait to go on another adventure! :)


    Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaww, thank youuuuuu! That is really nice of you, thank youuuuuuu so much! You made me smile a lot, thank you! :)


    Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was so lovely to read, like poetry and just honest real feelings. Your video is a beautiful memory of your trip, makes me appreciate living in London. I forget what an amazing city it is :)

    Hanh x
    www.hanhabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aawww, you are way too nice!! :) Thank you, thank you, thank youuuu. It means a lot to me! :) Aaw, I am glad you liked it and that I did a good job talking about your city! :)
    Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is making me want to go back to london! i went in november and am already planning my next trip

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went in October and as I was coming back, I was already planing on going back. That's the thing about London, isn't it? You can't get tired of it. :)


    Much love xx

    ReplyDelete